Are you making big changes in your large living room? Maybe you have already decided on the changes you'll be making. Or, it might be that you are still looking for ideas to enhance your living room. You've come to the right place to get some ideas that will help you to design something unique and beautiful.
If you're looking for a real wow factor in your living room, think of starting by hiring a stone masonry contractor. Before you call the contractor, however, have some ideas to present to them.
Consider The Stone You Want
The color of your stones will help to determine the feeling of your living room.
- For instance, if you go with a very light color for your stones, that will probably establish an elegant feeling. Choose a color of stone that is as close to pure white as you can find.
- For a contemporary theme, choose dark gray or light gray stones. Or, combine both the light color of gray with a darker shade of gray for the stones.
- If you are wanting a rustic feeling, choose weathered yellow stones.
- Choose salmon-colored stones for a very traditional feeling in your living room.
Choose The Design You Want
Once you have decided on the color of stones you want to use, consider how you want to use them.
- Perhaps you are wanting a stone wall with a fireplace as the focal point of the wall.
- If you choose a fireplace stone wall, consider choosing the same color of stones for the wall that faces the fireplace.
- Choosing two walls with the same kind of stone will better establish the mood you want in your living room.
- Maybe you would also like small stone planters in the living room. If so, go with the same color of stone for the planters.
The stonemason will have the experience to give you ideas that you haven't even considered. For instance, if your living room is part of your home's foyer, the mason might suggest that a stone wall be placed between the two areas in order to divide them. Of course, you'll want to use the same stone for the divider that you used for the other stone projects.
If there are French doors leading from the living room onto an outdoor patio, think of having the mason build things like a stone fire pit or a stone grill. This time you can choose a totally different color of stone or you can select the same color that you used in the living room. Doing that will unite the two areas.
Contact a local stone masonry contractor for more information.